Wednesday, November 7, 2007

RIDING A DINOSAUR

Ok, So I'm finally getting around to taking a little, (well, maybe a lot) of time to figure out how to do my first post and what I've learned so far is that it's very, very difficult to do when you're riding an old dinosaur! Yes, it's quite a challenge to figure out something new like this when you're using one of the oldest computers in the nation combined with old dial-up service, but lo and behold, it can be done and here I am at last!

I must say when teaching an old dog new tricks (the old dog being me, of course) it is most helpful to have "show me" instructions. Perhaps that comes from being born in the great state of Missouri. My dad always told me growing up that I was just born in "plain old missery", but that's another story for another day. Anyway, I have gotten a few instructions from my dear daughter who happens to live in another state so bear with me as I learn, ok?

The question is, I suppose, what do I have to say? Well, I can assure you that my heart and mind are ALWAYS full so watch out.......ya never know what my days will bring. One thing I can always be sure of, though, is that whatever happens in daily life I KNOW that my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ is at the center of it all. He is my EVERYTHING! So there, you have gotten to know me and what I stand for. One of my little grandaughters the other day said, "Grandma, do you know what is bigger than God, the poor have it, the rich don't have it and it's more evil than the devil?" I immediately told her "Nothing". She said, "you're right, Grandma. Somehow I knew you'd get that one!" I pray that it will always be true that people see Jesus in my life.

I love to go to prison! What? Yes you heard me right - I LOVE TO GO TO PRISON! I will be leaving tomorrow to go to Dallas/Ft Worth for a big prison weekend. I began doing this ministry about 5 years ago and I can't wait each time I get the opportunity to go. Please be in prayer for my teammates and myself as we go to spread the gospel to many waiting inmates this weekend. We will go into our first unit on Friday and again on Saturday. I will gladly report upon my return how God made changes to many during our stay. What a privilege to get to do this work. I truly believe that all Christian people should experience it at least once. What an honor to be allowed to lead precious souls to the Lord Jesus Christ! Anyone who is interested can contact me and I'll be more than happy to direct you to the sources for you to go along with us. All you need is a desire to win souls for Christ.

I'll call it quits for now and see if this will post before my "dinosaur" gets grumpy and decides I've spent too long on this page and kicks up his heels in dispair. My hubby has assured me "he's working on high speed" (yeah, right. I'll believe it when I see it), but alas, for now I'm stuck in the dark ages. Ho Hum, just one of my "Ages and Stages". More to come........

6 comments:

Mayhem And Miracles said...

Yay! You did it! Very impressive given the "old dinosaur" you're riding! Although, our computer is probably equally ancient. It's ALL in the high speed, I tell you! Of course, you know that. It's Dad we must convince. You know, for an engineer, you'd think he'd be more into technology? Have a great weekend, thanks for the prayers and I can't wait to read more.

KM said...

So nice to know that Grandma has her own blog now. Your family has blessed me through Ashley's story and your daughter's Mayhem and Miracles. Looking forward to learning more!

Kristi in Texas

Anonymous said...

Hello!
As a bloggy friend of Mayhem's, I just wanted to say welcome to the blog world. I'll look forward to reading more, especially about your prison ministry. I can only imagine how God both uses you to touch the hearts of those who feel hopeless AND how you reap blessings for your part in their lives.
Blessings,
~Toni~
p.s. I'm giggling at the random word verification I have to type in right now to enter my comment. It's my first initial and my dh's first name. What were the chances?

Sunshine said...

LOVE this post and your new blog! I am so happy to "meet" you... I am a faithful reader for Mayhem and Miracles and Ashley's Journal and now will be adding this into my favorites! How cool is it that you do a prison ministry! My husband and I used to be professional ballet dancers and when we were in a company in Illinois there was a friend of ours who was looking into a branch of prison ministry that used ballet to reach others for Christ...do you know if they still do that? Well I will be praying for you and look forward to reading more posts! Sunshine

Unknown said...

Welcome, Mayhem's mom! I always see your sweet comments on her blog and I'm so excited to read your own blog now! I hope you can continue to contend with the dinosaur or maybe get high speed?

Michelle said...

Just visiting from your daughter's blog and wanted to say welcome to the blogging world :)